Peg City Youth Club League
Peg City Youth (CLUB)
The WMBA is proud to offer the Peg City Youth Basketball League, giving club teams an opportunity to compete in weekend sessions that boast high-level, exciting basketball competition, in various age distinctions from grade 9 through grade 12.
Peg City club teams will compete for the Championship in a single elimination bracket based off power rankings from the regular season.
Team Membership Fees: $1775. Club teams must have a minimum of 8 and maximum of 15 registered players on each team. The PCYBL must receive the full name and date of birth for each player when registering.
Included in the PCYBL registration fees are the following:
- 9 Regular Season and a minimum 1 Championship Games (10 in total)
- PCYBL Championship Tournament (every team qualifies)
- Insurance (Player and Coaches)
- High quality gymnasiums (Universities, Colleges and High Schools)
- Certified Referees (Manitoba Association of Basketball Officials)
- All regular season games scheduled by the PCYBL
- Social Media --> Follow us @PegCityBall on Insta for game highlights
- No admission charge for WMBA-hosted events
RULES & REGULATIONS
*PCYBL follows the official playing rules of FIBA.
Four 10-minute quarters
GAME AND SITE MANAGEMENT
PCYBL will be responsible for referees, website updates (stats, standings, players of the week), scheduling all league games and the championship tournament.
The official game size basketball for Grade 9-12 is 29.5
Each team will be given two 60 second timeouts each half and time outs do not carry over.
- Each team will be given 5-15 minutes to warm up and 4 minutes for halftime. (The game time will also be the forfeit time. No grace period will be allowed).
- Each team is responsible for cleaning the bench area after games
- Each team is allowed three coaches/manager and all player admission is free.
- A player may only play for one Club per season. Players may play for a maximum of 2 different age/grade divisions. A player may play up a grade/age division but it must be with a team from the same Club.
- Each team is responsible for their warm-up and game balls. PCYBL will supply the game ball.
ELIGIBILITY AND PROTESTS
All protest must be submitted in writing to the PCYBL. Teams being protested must produce a legal birth certificate. A final decision will be made by the PCYBL and will not be subject to any further discussion. Proof of eligibility (birth certificate and current year report card, passport) must be produced in the event of a protest.